What is FIREhub.eu?
A central point of contact for all things FIRE-related in Europe. It allows people living in Europe to quickly access information, blogs, and blog articles about FIRE-related topics. It also lets them find other like-minded people to exchange ideas with both online and in real life. There’s a lot of valuable information out there, but finding it can be difficult, especially if you don’t know exactly what you’re looking for. By the way, in case you’re new to the whole thing, FIRE stands for Financial Independence Retire Early. Our dear Mr RIP has written a great introduction to the topic.
Who Started FIREhub.eu and Why?
FIREhub.eu was born at FIWE 2017 in Timişoara, Romania, a conference at which 25 FIRE enthusiasts living all over Europe met up to exchange ideas and inspire one another. A core group of six participants did a lot of brainstorming throughout the conference and by the end we had the beginnings of a plan. Our dream was to have a resource where people could find relevant information without first having to wade through piles of articles about how to optimise their 401(k)s or how great Betterment is. We wanted a place to collect all the stuff that’s relevant to us in Europe. Yes, each country in Europe has its own tax system and way of doing things, but lots of things are relevant for all of us. FIREhub.eu provides a framework with pan-European information in English and then information about where to find the country-specific stuff.
Be the leading website for Financial Independence in Europe.
Connect the European FIRE community to information including blogs and events.
- Provide a blogroll listing all the FIRE blogs in Europe.
- Provide a list of all FIRE events and meetups in Europe.
- Provide a Wiki as a central platform linking to FIRE knowledge.
- Build an active community of FIRE enthusiasts living in Europe so we can all exchange ideas, learn from one another and above all inspire one another.
- Build an active community of country ambassadors who act as local points of contact for people interested in FIRE.
- Build an active community of curators who post relevant articles from the blogs on our blogroll to our articles feed.
What Will I Find Here?
- Blog Articles: A curated list of the latest English language articles from around the European FIRE blogosphere
- Wiki: The collected knowledge of many, many people on all things FIRE
- Events: Information about real-life FIRE events happening all over Europe
- Blogroll: A list of the best European FIRE blogs, searchable by country and language
- Contact: Information on how to contact us at FIREhub.eu and a list of country ambassadors for country-specific questions
What Will I Not Find Here?
Advertising, sponsored content, annoying popups or any other money-grabbing tricks. Any affiliate links will be clearly indicated and any money they bring in will be reinvested in the site or donated to charity. We’re not in this for the money, guys.
How Can I Get Involved?
There are loads of ways you can get involved in the European FIRE movement:
- Have you read an interesting blog article that you think other people should know about? Tell us about it at hello[at]firehub[dot]eu.
- Have something to contribute to the Wiki? Tell us about it at wiki[at]firehub[dot]eu.
- Go to an event near you to meet other FIRE enthusiasts in your area. Exchange ideas and enjoy the feeling that you’re not the only FIRE weirdo in your town.
- Can’t find an event near you? Why not organise one and tell us about it at hello[at]firehub[dot]eu? We’ll add it to our Events page and push it out through our social media channels to get the word out.
- Contact your country ambassador to find out more about the community in your home country.
- Your home country doesn’t have an ambassador yet? Why not volunteer yourself by sending an e-mail to hello[at]firehub[dot]eu? Make sure you’ve read about what being a country ambassador involves first.
- Want to help us find and publish relevant articles to the articles feed? Why not become a curator?
- Do you have a FIRE blog that’s not listed on our site, or do you know of a blog that you think should be listed? Tell us about it at hello[at]firehub[dot]eu.
- Subscribe to the blog articles feed by RSS or e-mail to make sure you never miss an article.
- Join our facebook group Financial Independence Europe to ask questions and exchange ideas with other like-minded FIRE enthusiasts from all over Europe.
- Keep up-to-date with all our news by liking the FIREhub.eu facebook page or following us on Twitter.
- If you have any questions, suggestions, comments or criticism for us, don’t hesitate to contact us at hello[at]firehub[dot]eu.