What is FIREhub?
FIREhub is a central point of contact for all things related to FIRE in Europe. It allows people living in Europe to quickly access information, tools, and blogs about FIRE-related topics. It also lets them find other like-minded people to exchange ideas with both online and in real life. There’s a lot of valuable information out there, but finding it can be difficult, especially if you don’t know exactly what you’re looking for.
If you’re new to the whole thing, FIRE stands for Financial Independence Retire Early. Our own dear Mr RIP has written a great introduction to the topic.
Who Started FIREhub and Why?
We first had the idea for FIREhub at FIWE 2017 in Timişoara, Romania, a conference at which 25 FIRE enthusiasts living all over Europe met up to exchange ideas and inspire one another. A core group of six participants did a lot of brainstorming throughout the conference and by the end we had the beginnings of a plan. Our dream was to have a resource where people could find relevant information without first having to wade through piles of articles about how to optimise their 401(k)s or how great Betterment is. We wanted a place to collect all the stuff that’s relevant to us in Europe. Yes, each country in Europe has its own tax system and way of doing things, but lots of things are relevant for all of us. FIREhub provides a framework with pan-European information in English and then information about where to find the country-specific stuff.
Be the leading website for Financial Independence in Europe.
Connect the European FIRE community to information including, tools, events and blogs.
- Provide a list of all FIRE events and meetups in Europe.
- Create a wiki as a central platform linking to FIRE knowledge.
- Maintain a list of all the best FIRE blogs in Europe.
- Build an active community of FIRE enthusiasts living all over Europe so we can all exchange ideas, learn from one another and above all inspire one another.
What Will I Find Here?
- FI Meetups: Information about real-life FIRE meetups happening all over Europe
- Wiki: The collected knowledge of many, many people on all things FIRE
- Blogroll: A list of the best European FIRE blogs, searchable by country, language and main topic of focus
- Free FI Tools: A list of free FI tools created by people in the European FI community who were looking for a suitable tool but couldn’t find one
- Interviews: We run two interview series – Bloggers on FIRE for our bloggers and Europeans on FIRE for mere mortals (i.e. “normal people”)
What Will I Not Find Here?
Advertising, sponsored content, annoying popups or any other money-grabbing tricks. We will clearly indicate any affiliate links and reinvest any money they bring in in the site or donate it to charity. We’re not in this for the money, folks.
How Can I Get Involved?
There are loads of ways you can get involved in FIREhub in particular and in building the European FI community in general. Check out our Get Involved page for more information.