A One-Stop Shop for European FI Blogs
One of the first things we did when we started working on FIREhub was to create a blogroll featuring financial independence blogs from as many European countries as possible. Everyone knew about the American blogs, but the European blogs were less well-known and we decided it would be a good idea to have a list of them all in once place to make them easier to find.
In the beginning our aim was to find and list as many blogs as possible, but over time we realised there were simply too many blogs and we decided to focus on quality rather than quantity.
After a lot of debate and reflection, we came up with a list of quality criteria. To be accepted to FIREhub.eu, blogs must:
- be written by someone living in Europe. (You don’t have to be originally from Europe. But you must be living here and write about topics relevant for Europeans.)
- be at least one year old and active in the last 6 months. (Blogs not active for 6 months will be deleted from FIREhub. Blogs that have been deleted will only be reinstated after they’ve been active again for 6 months.)
- not be geared primarily to making money. (The occasional affiliate link is ok, but the main focus of the blog should be on providing interesting content.)
- present a balanced view, especially for alternative investments such as P2P lending, with critical articles and warnings about due diligence.
You can filter the blogs on our blogroll by:
- Country: This can be where the blogger is originally from, where they live now, or both. Nearly 30 countries are currently represented on our blogroll.
- Language: Our blogroll currently features blogs in nearly 20 different languages!
- Main focus: While we aim to mainly feature blogs that have financial independence and its philosophy as their main theme, we also include blogs that focus on closely related topics such as personal development, saving money, and general investing.
Suggest a Blog
If you have an FI blog that’s not on our blogroll or you know of a blog that you think should be on the list, why not tell us about it? We’ve created a handy Suggest a Blog form specially for this purpose. We actively encourage blogs in languages other than English!
Featured on FIREhub Badges
If we feature your blog in our blogroll, you can add one of our snazzy Featured on FIREhub badges to your blog to let your readers know that you’re a proud FIREhubber!